Subject: RANGER News
By accepting to receive RANGER’s new updates you declare that:
I consent to the processing of:
- my name
- my surname
- my email
- and optionally my job title and the organisation with which I am affiliated so that RANGER sends me periodic Newsletters, invitations for RANGER coming events, workshops, pilots and demonstrations, notifications containing key project's findings/developments and lead stories and news related to the project.
I consent to the maintenance of my personal data for five years after the official end of the RANGER project:
- my name
- my surname
- my email
- and optionally my job title and the organisation with which I am affiliated
What is RANGER
The RANGER project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 research and innovation programme, under grant agreement, no 700478. The project started its activities in January 2014 and it will finish June 2018. RANGER consortium, composed of 10 partners from 7 European Countries, innovates by combining ground-breaking Radar technologies with innovative supporting technological solutions for early warning, in view of delivering a surveillance platform that will offer tracking as well as detection, recognition, and identification of vessels far beyond existing legacy radar systems. The project coordinator is the EXUS (United Kingdom) and the partners are: DXT (France), ICCS (Greece), TUD (Germany), LAU (Finland), LDO (Italy), TEL (Greece), NATO (Belgium), HMOD (Greece), DMA (France)
More information about the project may also be found in https://ranger-project.eu/
Purpose of Data Processing
The periodic newsletters of RANGER is a key communication and dissemination mechanism for us and a channel to provide our valuable stories on RANGER’s developments, key findings, forthcoming events and other important news in the fields related to the project. Taking into consideration the above, the RANGER Consortium use information held about you in the following ways:
- To send you RANGER’s periodic Newsletter;
- To send you invitations for our coming events, workshops, pilots and demonstrations;
- To send you notifications containing key project's findings/developments and lead stories and news related to the project
Categories of data that will be stored
If you consent to the processing of your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, the categories of personal data that will be collected and stored in the RANGER Data Warehouse are:
- your name (optional)
- your surname (optional)
- your email (mandatory)
The Consortium will process the personal data of subjects according to the present statement and for the purposes declared herein.
Security of Processing
The security and protection of your personal data is very important for the Consortium. The Consortium has undertaken all appropriate organisational and technical measures to secure that the data that are collected in the framework of the present declaration is processed according to the legislation for the protection and storage of your personal data for a period of 5 years after the end of the RANGER project for the purposes described above. We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Exercise of your rights
It is noted that according to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016), you may exercise the following rights that derive from the Regulation:
- Right of access and right to rectification for inaccurate personal data
- Right to erasure of personal data if they are not necessary for service provision
- Right to restrict processing of your data
- Right to object to the processing of your data
- Right to data portability, namely right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form so that they can be transferred to another data processor.
- Additionally, you have the right to submit a written complaint to the responsible supervisory body for personal data protection in each country.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
For any questions or to exercise the rights that derive from the legislation in force about personal data protection, please contact us via email at:email@example.com
You may withdraw your consent any time (without retroactive effect) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org